Report: Mawddach Permaculture Group
- We live in a potentially highly
productive part of the British Isles. There is a tremendous variety of geologies,
topography, soils, microclimates and plentiful water.
- But these aspects are currently
abused or ignored through over grazing, monocultures, invasive species, lack
of a coherent water management, erosion, use of chemicals and unsympathetic
- Solutions. Re-design land-use
following logical, organic, permaculture principles.
- Local production for local
- Community forests.
- Mixed forestry\farming including
bio-fuels, human food, fodder for animals, textiles, building materials,
dyes, medecines etc.
- Aquacultures as part of an
integrated water management systems including swales (contour rain catchement
ditches) and dams at appropriate scale.
- Diversification on all scales,
from individual intensive mulch gardens to broadscale landscape. Polycultures
- Small holdings with more people
working on the land in supportive communities. Encourage small and part
Rio 4 Community